Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- 10 Rules for Restaurants
- Get your dairy, but lose the lactose
- San Francisco Fancy Food Show Brings Delights
- Losing weight is hard — keeping it off may be harder than we thought
- Adding Balance to Your Fitness Routine
- Good results from social media weight-loss diet
- My weight today (or the last time I stepped on the Withings scale)
- ‘Social media’ diet success: It took 5 months, but I reached my goal!
- Taking longer than expected, but weight-loss goal in sight
- Should I care that I’ve hit a weight-loss plateau?
- Seeing progress after 6 weeks of dieting
- Want to lose weight? Try the Social Media Diet
Interested in Internet Safey?
Author Archives: larrymagid
by Larry Magid I love restaurants, but not all are as user-friendly as they should be. After years of eating in them — including during the time I had young children — I’ve come up with a few pet peeves … Continue reading
by Patti Regehr There is some debate about the role of dairy in the diet and, indeed, there are a growing number of people who avoid it completely for both health and humanitarian reasons. Still dairy plays in important role … Continue reading
by Patti Regehr Going to the Fancy Food Show for Nobelly Prize.com is like a pilgrimage for our staff. We get our gear all ready, good walking shoes, research done to check out where we should all go, and a … Continue reading
Tara Parker-Pope’s New Year’s day New York Times Magazine article, The Fat Trap is both discouraging and encouraging at the same time. It’s discouraging in that it reveals research suggesting that there are extremely strong biological forces working against those of us who … Continue reading
Calorie Count has an excellent article about the Importance of Balance in Fitness that includes instructions for some simple exercises. Share on Facebook Tweet This Post
This post first appeared in the San Jose Mercury News by Larry Magid For the past several months I’ve been on a “social media diet.” No, I haven’t been refraining from using Facebook, Twitter and other social media. I’ve been on an old-fashioned … Continue reading
Share on Facebook Tweet This Post
It took nearly 5 months but I reached my weight goal of 165 today on what I’m calling my “social media diet.” It’s by no means the first time I’ve lost weight, but it’s the slowest weight loss I’ve … Continue reading
Chart shows 16 pound loss over 3 months It’s taking a bit longer than I had expected, but I am making steady progress towards my goal of 165 pounds which is now just under 5 pounds away. This is … Continue reading
For the past three months I’ve been dieting and exercising but after an initial loss of about 12 pounds, and 9 pounds from goal, I’ve hit a plateau. For the past couple of weeks I’ve somewhat increased my food intake but greatly … Continue reading